Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Blues or Die

The freaks up in Marble Falls, Texas once gave my band the Unables a choice: play the blues or die.

It was eloquent, and really scary. You know COUNTRYMUSICNOW or we'll kill you. I felt like I was in the Blues Brothers.

I survived, and wrote a song about it:

hot freaks down on the dance floor
sweating in front of me
hot freaks give you one option
play the blues or die

let’s dance you could move me
if you would i’d surely come unglued
just lay it all out on me

rough seas the band starts listing
starboard is sinking
a big wave spilling oe’r the dancers
the hold won’t hold all of us

when we go down
tell me that you won’t lie to me
don’t please
just lay it all out on me

lay it on me
i mean just tell the truth
i can take it
i can take it
i can take it

No comments: